With Cash Card Round Ups, you can round up your Cash Card transactions to the nearest dollar to invest your spare change into your choice of a stock, ETF or bitcoin with every purchase.
Benefits of the Cash Card Round Ups:
- Build up your investments over time with small amounts of spare change.
- It’s automatic and easy. Simply turn on Round Ups and your investments will be made automatically each time you make a Cash Card purchase.
- You can invest in a stock of your choice, an exchange traded fund (ETF), or bitcoin. You can change this selection at any time.
How do Round Ups work?
- After you enable Round Ups, we will automatically round up to the nearest dollar and invest spare change from your Cash balance each time you use your card.
- Round Ups will process when card transactions complete. It may take 1-3 days for pending transactions to complete.
- If you do not have sufficient funds in your Cash App balance, the round up will be skipped.
- If your Round Ups destination is a stock or ETF, round ups will be executed instantly during market hours. During non-market hours we will be aggregating the round ups into a large order to be placed when the market opens. If your Round Ups destination is bitcoin, round ups will be executed instantly 24x7.
- You will be able to view your Round Up amounts on the Round Ups home in the Card Tab or in your Investing or Bitcoin Portfolio view.
- You can switch your choice between stock or bitcoin at any time from the Round Ups home in the Card tab. You may also turn off Round Ups at any time.
If you already have a Cash Card, follow these steps to start investing your spare change:
- Tap on the Cash Card tab at the bottom of your home screen
- Tap on the Round Ups row
- Tap Continue
- Select either Stock or Bitcoin
- Pick a Stock to invest in*
- Choose a Cash PIN for added security
- Tap Continue
- Tap Confirm
*Step 5 will only show on your screen if the Stock option was chosen.
If you do not have a Cash Card, please order a cash card from the Cash Card tab and then follow above steps to turn on Round Ups.
You can switch your choice between stock or bitcoin at any time from the Round Ups home in the Card tab. You may also turn off Round Ups at any time.
Why do Round Ups not happen immediately when I spend money on Cash Card?
Round Ups will take place once your transaction settles, and once we know the final amount. This means Rounds Ups will not occur when the card is authorized for use or the transaction is pending. Card settlements can take some time, so there may be some delay before your round up is applied.
Will my stock Round Ups be affected by stock market trading hours?
When the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) is closed, all Round Ups will aggregate into one transaction that will be processed during market trading hours.
NYSE is closed during weekends, stock market holidays, and outside the hours of 9:30 am - 4 pm EST.
Round Ups and Cash Card Boosts
- Round Ups can be used with Cash App Boosts. The Round Up will be funded from your balance, and the Boost will be applied by Cash App.
- Learn more about Boosts here.
Card transaction refund or cancellation
In case your Cash Card transaction is canceled or refunded, the original round up into your choice of stock or bitcoin will remain unaffected. You are able to sell out of your stock or bitcoin balance at any time.
There are no fees associated with Round Ups for stock or bitcoin. If you sell a stock, whether purchased with Round Ups or not, you may be charged a small government transaction fee. If you sell bitcoin, a small fee may be charged. All bitcoin and stock fees will be listed on the trade confirmation before you complete the sell transaction.
Brokerage services provided by Cash App Investing LLC, member FINRA/SIPC and a subsidiary of Block, Inc. Bitcoin services provided by Block, Inc. Investing involves risk; you may lose money. For additional information, review the Cash App Investing disclosures and Bitcoin disclosures.