Sending and Receiving Bitcoin
You can instantly send bitcoin to any $Cashtag or another lightning compatible wallet for free with Cash App.
To send bitcoin to any $Cashtag:
- Navigate to Cash App payment pad
- Tap the USD toggle and select BTC
- Enter at least $1 and tap Pay
- Find your recipient’s $Cashtag, current phone number, or email address
- Tap Pay This is also called a peer-to-peer (P2P) transaction
You can also send bitcoin using lightning or the blockchain:
- Tap the Money tab on your Cash App home screen
- Tap the Bitcoin tile
- Tap the Airplane button
- Choose Send Bitcoin
- Enter the amount and the recipient’s $Cashtag or BTC address
- Tap Next
- Select a speed
- Tap Confirm & Send
- You can also receive bitcoin from any wallet using the blockchain.
- The minimum amount per transaction to a $Cashtag is 0.00001 BTC or 1,000 sats (Satoshis).
Sending Bitcoin has a few limits to be aware of. We recommend checking your limits and track your limit progression regularly.
You can view your weekly and monthly limits in-app:
- Tap the Profile icon
- Tap on Limits
Limits are rolling and they accumulate for any consecutive 7 day period and 30 day period. Limits are tracked down to the minute a payment was made.
To learn more about Bitcoin, visit our Bitcoin - help center page.