To buy stock using Cash App Investing:
- Tap the Investing tab on your Cash App home screen
- Tap the search bar and enter a company name or ticker symbol
- Select the company whose stock you want to buy
- Press Buy
- Select a preset amount or tap ... to enter a custom amount
- Follow the prompts to verify your personal information
- Confirm with your PIN or Touch ID
Stock can be purchased using the funds in your Cash App balance. If you do not have enough funds available, the remaining amount will be debited from your linked debit card.
Once the order is filled, you can view your investment by tapping the Investing tab on your Cash App home screen and scrolling down to My Portfolio.
Stock purchases or sales can be scheduled 24/7. However, orders will only be placed during market hours. The U.S. stock market is open Monday–Friday during the following hours:
Eastern time: 9:30 AM – 4 PM Central time: 8:30 AM – 3 PM Mountain time: 7:30 AM – 2 PM Pacific time: 6:30 AM – 1 PM
Market hours may vary depending on a number of factors. A complete schedule of when the market is open or closed can be found here: NYSE Market Hours.
You can set up automatic purchases of stock to occur every day, week, or 2 weeks.
Cancel pending orders before they are placed.
Cash App Investing Broker-Dealer Disclosures
Cash App Investing offers several Order Types