Auto Invest allows you to set up stock purchases that occur automatically on a set schedule. For example you could use it to buy $20 of a stock every week.
*Images are for illustrative purposes only and not a recommendation
How To Schedule an Auto Invest:
- Select the stock you’d like to purchase and tap “Buy”
- Tap the drop down menu where it says “Standard One-Time Order”
- Select “Auto Invest”
- Select a frequency from the options of daily, weekly, and every two weeks, and tap “Done”
- Select an amount and tap "Next"
- Tap "Confirm" to schedule your automatic purchase
Common Use cases for Auto Invest
- You want to invest a portion of your paycheck on a consistent basis
- You want to spread out your buys of a stock over time to reduce the impact of a single day’s price on your average entry price
- You want to gradually accumulate a larger position in a certain stock without having to remind yourself on a daily or weekly basis to place the order
How to Cancel an Auto Invest:
- Navigate to the stock with the active Auto Invest purchase
- Scroll down to see your active Auto Invest purchase
- Tap on the purchase
- Press the “Cancel” button
- Confirm the cancellation
Important Things to Note
While Auto Invest stock purchases can be set up at any time, the orders will be placed during market hours on days when the market is open (Mon-Fri 9:30AM–4PM EST).
The order placement times will be based on the time that you set up the purchase. If you set up an Auto Invest trade during non-market hours, the trade will be scheduled to occur after the next Market open.
DisclaimersAuto Invest is not a price guarantee. The stock may, and often does, change between scheduled trades.
Cash App Investing Broker-Dealer Disclosures
Cash App Investing offers several Order Types