There are many types of valid bitcoin addresses, but they all fall into one of the following three categories.
- Addresses starting with a “1”. These are known as Legacy, or P2PKH (Pay-to-pubkey-hash) addresses.
- Addresses starting with a “3”. These are known as P2SH (Pay-to-script-hash) addresses. There are many types of this format, but the most common is known as “Wrapped Segwit”.
- Addresses starting with a “bc1”. These are known as “Bech32” or “Native Segwit”. These also include the newest type of address called “Taproot”, which Cash App supports sending to. Cash App uses these for deposits.
Cash App allows withdrawals to all valid address formats. For customer deposits, Cash App uses P2WPKH Segwit addresses.
To view your current Bitcoin wallet address:
- Tap the Money tab on your Cash App home screen
- Tap on the Bitcoin tile
- Tap Deposit bitcoin
- Copy your bitcoin address