A $Cashtag is a unique name that identifies an individual, professional, or business using Cash App. $Cashtags make it fast and easy to send and receive money.
Once you’ve created a $Cashtag, you’ll have a personalized webpage where friends, family, customers, and even fans can make payments to you privately and securely. Your page will form a shareable URL at www.cash.me/$yourcashtag.
Create or Edit a $Cashtag
- Open your Cash App and tap the icon in the top-left corner.
- Scroll down and tap Personal
- Tap $Cashtag
- Pick Your Unique $Cashtag, or tap your existing $Cashtag to make edits.
- Enter a $Cashtag > tap Set.
- Toggle Cash.me on to activate and begin getting paid with your $Cashtag.
Note: A $Cashtag can only be edited twice. When you edit your $Cashtag, the previous version becomes inactive and can’t be claimed by another Cash App customer. You can switch back to a previous $Cashtag anytime from your app or online settings without it counting as an edit.
- $Cashtags can be 20 characters max.
- You must include at least 1 letter.
- You may only have 1 active $Cashtag per Cash App account.
- You must have an active debit card linked to Cash App to claim a $Cashtag.
Tips for Picking a $Cashtag
$Cashtags are not case sensitive, but the casing used when claiming a $Cashtag is how it will display publicly. For example, if you claim $Derek, it will display as $Derek publicly, but it’s the same as $derek.
$Cashtags can’t be reserved and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you see that your preferred $Cashtag is unavailable or has already been claimed, you’ll need to select a different one.
There are a couple of reasons why a $Cashtag would be unavailable:
A $Cashtag can only contain alphanumeric characters (letters A-Z, numbers 0-9), so check to make sure your desired $Cashtag doesn’t contain symbols, dashes, or spaces.
Some terms may not be available for use in $Cashtags even if there isn’t an associated Cash.me page.